Monday, June 30, 2008

Scotland

No pictures today, however I do have a bit more to say.

I'm in Edinburgh!!! I came up today via train (Overall I was on trains for about 6 hours today. Which is odd, come to think of it, because that is just 2.5 hours shy of my flight from Texas to London last week. Except that the train was going one speed and the plane something like 58 mph. I have no idea how fast the train was going. Fast enough, I suppose.

As we came into Scotland today, you the terrain was just magnificent. I could not believe how beautiful this country is. (Of course, I am half British, so I'm not really allowed to like it. ;) Or at least, half of me is not allowed to like it.) The rolling hills and the view of the sea put me in a permanent state of saying "Oh, wow" every fifteen seconds or so. I spent most of the train ride up listening to my iPod and knitting a the remainder of a sock, and then the last hour or so just staring outside the window with the look of awe on my face. It was fantastic.

I kept on seeing sheep, cows, and horses on farms. When I saw the sheep, I smiled and thought "Baby yarn" :) It's wool that just hasn't found its place in the world. (Why yes, I am a nerd. Thank you for noticing!)

So I am here in Edinburgh with my mother's cousin, Cathy, and her adorable little terrier dog named Casper. (He seems to like me. He's sleeping at my feet right now.) I was just in my bedroom and Casper hopped up onto my bed and curled up into a little ball and fell asleep. He is the cutest little dog. (Not as cute as Topher, of course.) And even better, my allergies/asthma isn't bothering me with him. (I won't get too hopeful though. I don't want to jinx it!!)

Alright, well I'm going to go knit a bit more of my sock and watch the news or something with Cathy. More on Edinburgh when I see more of it!

1 comment:

Cara said...

I think the plane was going more than 58 mph.