Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I (Heart) New York

For those of you who don't know (or who haven't caught on) I'm in New York! Long Island, to be exact. I'm visiting those fabulous people who I babysat all last summer, and having spent only half a day up here, I already feel like it's home. (Fear not, Mother. I'm a Texan at heart.)

My day started off at 5:30 am. Do realize that I haven't voluntarily seen those numbers in quite a while. (5:30 pm doesn't count. Nor does Project Graduation.) I woke up, checked my email, and then was off to the airport by 6. Mom and I stopped to take care of Mike's dogs, and I snapped a picture of the "Sunrise".



(Damn it, if I'm awake this early I darn well want to see an effing sunrise!)

And then I got through security uneventfully and eventually onto the airplane. And then we took off on time and we got into the air. And I didn't see the sunrise, but I did see pretty clouds!!

35 minutes later, I arrived in Dallas and was searching through the pocket in front of me for any of my belongings, and I found this.
It was an iPod that somebody had left on the plane! As much as I wanted to keep it (It's adorable! And the music didn't suck.) I gave it to the people at the desk at the gate and they did their best to find the person who it belonged to.
And then I was on my way to NYC. I didn't take any more pictures on flights, because when I got onto the plane to NY I turned on my laptop and proceded to watch Harry Potter 5... which consumed 2:20 hours of my 3 hour flight (Excellent!)

I got off the plane, met my driver and we proceded into the NY traffic on the way to the Coopers' house. It took forever and we got a smidgeon lost (but not really. The driver thought that he should have passed a street a long time ago, but really it was just a few blocks ahead of us) and finally, finally, I got to my destination. Look at my room! Isn't it warm and lovely?

I hung around and looked pretty (because that's all Barb would let me do. She refused to let me help out with anything) and then we had dinner. And around 7, neighbors came over for a dessert party that was delightful. There was good wine, good chocolate cake, and good coffee. I had a glass of wine with the worlds best chocolate cake (which was mostly a whipped chocolately thing. I really, really want that for breakfast tomorrow. However, I will resist.) and then when everybody left, I helped clean up and put the girls to bed.

I've been here 6 hours and I've already been showered with Claudia Handpainted yarn. (Barb and I are big fans :) )


I finished the Huggins socks today right as Harry Potter was ending. I thought that this was impeccable timing, and I should receive an award. (I accept checks and gift cards. ;) )



My time in New York has only just started, and I can't wait for tomorrow. However, today has to end, and I know that I will sleep very well tonight.

No comments: