Sunday, June 29, 2008

A blog with pictures!

Edited to Add: If you want to enlarge the photos, because they won't link properly (Grr) go to the properties and enter the link into your address bar. Or visit my photobucket account: http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn16/pentothepaper18/

-----

Welcome to June 29, when Stefanie acutally puts two and two together and realizes that she has a portable storage device that she can plug in anywhere to upload photos.

Here I will give you a photo tour of my time here... or what I have photographed of it. Not much, to be honest... because I know what my Aunt and Uncle's house looks like, and I don't need 20 photos taking up space on my hard drive of their house on different years.

Look at the sign at the airport: No piggybacking. What?! I love piggyback rides!! (Yes, I know what it really means... I just think it's funny.)



Here's a picture of the sunset from the plane


Look at the picture of the fawn that keeps appearing in their yard. It was making this adorable little squeaking noise while I took this photo.


And this is Guildford, the closest largeish town/villagey thing.



And this is my first Yarn Shops of Europe excursion.


And this is the Duke of Kent school that we passed on our way up to Leith Hill Tower. Isn't that the most amazingly beautiful building? It's a school for children something like age 9-13.


And this is Leith Hill Tower. We had to hike up the hill (not very far, but very steep) to get to it. It was so amazing to stand on top of the tower though. You have this panoramic view of England around it.

This is the Panorama view to the North (The North Pole, a sign said, is 2894 miles away. and kind of to the 45 degre angle from the center of this photo).

This is a panoamic view to the South from the tower.

This is my Aunt and Uncle through the bushes.


And this is the worlds most comfortable tree. When you climb up, you can lie along that branch to the right and your whole body just fits in. There's even a little nook that your head can rest in... quite lovely. I took a little nap in the tree for about 15 minutes before my Aunt came by to say that we were leaving.



And this is the cutest labrador I've ever seen. :)


And there you have it. A scenic tour of England thus far. I'll be going up to Scotland tomorrow, so you can expect a significantly larger number of photos to come by there.

I have just opened a new photobucket account for this trip! But if I don't send you pictures via that, I'll be uploading them here regularly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos!! I loved the old estate that is now a school for kids. And the cute Labrador with, of course, a big stick in its mouth. What's a Lab without a ball or a stick in its mouth??

Have fun!
Ant L

MSbeckey said...

Love the photos! What a wonderful trip. Are you getting yarn so you can knit something special to remind you of this trip? Beautiful places!