Saturday, June 28, 2008

Assorted things

Today I didn't do much of anything. Ali and Jacqueline barged into my room at 10:20 because, their ride was here to pick them up for cricket practice, and they came home around 12:30 from that (during which I woke up, fixed myself breakfast, and did laundry) and then they watched tv and got a call from their friends, who came and picked them up at 2:30 and brought them back around 6:30. And then I cooked a lasagna, played cricket with Ali (I relatively [but not really] know how to play now. And Ali is getting better at bowling the ball, so I am alright at hitting it.) and then had an impromptu volleyball tournament, which consisted of me playing by the rules of volleyball and them just smacking the ball around with everything but their feet. I let them win, of course.

And here I am. It's nearly 11, and I've just had a shower. The shower that they have here is magnificent. The water pressure is good (A "hallelujah" in itself) and the design is great too. The kids are in bed, and Neil and Anne are due back from their day trip to France in about an hour, at the soonest. So for just a little while longer, I have the house to myself.

When Jacqueline went off to bed about an hour ago, she informed me that in the morning she would be making pancakes, and asked if I wanted any. I said I would love some, and she could wake me up in the morning if she wanted to so that I could have some of them fresh, and not at the normal time a teenager would wake up for breakfast: Lunch. Her face just lit up and looked so excited that she had permission to wake me up. It was one of the most adorable things. I told her, "Just not obscenely early, please."

That's all for tonight!

No comments: