Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Flat Tire #4

I've kind of always wondered how I would handle a situation where I lost control of my car... whether I would freak out and let go of the wheel and scream, or whether I would try to do the right thing, and not remember the Driver's Ed stuff that I learned in the classes I took, or whether I would remain calm do the right thing.



Turns out I know what I'm doing.



This morning as Brandlyn (who is now 18!! Happy Birthday, hon!) and I were going to Sonic for a magnificent Birthday Breakfast (of her request) my back right tire got a flat and I lost control of the back end of my car. It fishtailed for a bit, but I got control of it, and pulled over to the side of the road. Luckily, this was a road that there is rarely any traffic on, so there were no other cars in danger of being hit at the time. Both Brandy and I are perfectly fine. Just a little bit dirty from being on the ground. (Gramma. Stop worrying.)



Turns out that a nail had become lodged into my tires somewhere along the drive and it decided that it didn't like the air in my tire any longer.



Brandy and I changed the tire all by ourselves. She corrected me on a few things, but I managed to get the tire off and get the spare tire on, and we continued on our merry way to Sonic. (Look at that beautiful spare tire.)





Talk about a Kodak moment. ;)



I'm really proud of myself and Brandy. We changed the tire all by ourselves and while a few men stopped to ask us if we needed help (and others honked at us as they drove by) we didn't need the help. I thought it was pretty funny that every man that stopped had a big Ford Pickup. One guy who stopped had a Hummer. Apparently Real Men drive cars that get less than 18 mpg.

No comments: