Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bear with me here

Warning: Advertisement ahead. Do not read if you hate advertising, are squeamish, have back or neck injuries, or have a very loose credit card. The last one does not apply if the aforementioned looseness is in my favor.

I am a victim of advertisement.

There, I said it. The first step is to acknowledge your problem... from there, you can fix it (and yadda, yadda).

I frequently shop at this online store called "eatsleepknit.com" . Frequent enough to spend quite a lot of my hard-earned money there. Two such examples are the yarn for Brandy's socks and for my clapotis.

This year they've started this thing called the Yarn Marathon. (You can see my badge for it when you scroll down a bit :D ) For every yard of yarn that you buy online, you get closer to the 5K. I've only got about 5 miles in... because I'm a poor (COLLEGE) student (I can say that now, you know...) but they've started a new thing for the Yarn Marathon where if you mention the website on your blog, every person that clicks the link from your blog will earn you an extra 5 yards on the marathon.

So go on. CLICK ON THE LINK. (Pleeeeeease!)

www.eatsleepknit.com

Here's the paragraph they have written about it:
"Now, you can earn rewards for referring friends, too! Link to us from your blog or website using the button to the right or text of your choice, and you'll earn $5 in store credit any time someone places an order after following a link from your site. You'll also earn 5 yards of Yarnathon yardage for every person who simply visits our site from your blog! To be eligible, all you have to do is register your blog with us in the Yarn Marathon - we'll keep track of the rest. Store credit and extra yards will be distributed on a weekly basis."

1 comment:

MSbeckey said...

I visited the site. Looks like some pretty yarn. Wish I had seen it sooner. I'm going to bookmark it.