Monday, June 2, 2008

Graduation and a smidgen of Knitters Angst

So I have no graduation photos on my camera, and mom's out of town... so you'll have to wait on the graduation photos. I had a great time! A whole day devoted to me and my accomplishments. A girl named Claire was valedictorian, and while I can't be mad at her for it (I was not in the running, with my meager 3.65 GPA and hers being 4.15) I might still hold a grudge for her swiping every single academic award from our middle school graduation. Except Latin. Because she took Spanish. And she's gorgeous, with the most beautiful curly blonde hair. And she's not a total nerd, or anything. She's popular.

I'm sorry to expose yall to my angst. But I can't hold it back. That girl makes me mildly miffed.

Anyway.

I walked across the stage (didn't trip!!) to get my diploma (Well, diploma holder. It's empty) and gave my rock to the principle when I shook her hand. (Tee hee hee), switched my tassel to the left side, and threw my hat. Great time. Then afterwards I went over to dad's house, where he and Pippa wouldn't let me help get anything ready, so I just sat there and looked pretty and intelligent... as if 13 years of schooling has really made a change. ;) And then people arrived, I got presents ( :) !!!) and I went onto the Project Graduation. I'll tell you more about Project Graduation when I have photos of me in my Cap 'n Gown.

Some gifts I got were a few gift cards, an adorable lime green laundry bag, a book, and two cameras.

Let me tell you all something. I have been desiring a new camera for over a year now. Earlier on in the school year, mom asked me what I wanted for a graduation gift, and I didn't even have to think: A nice camera. That. Is. What. I. Want.

Well, Mom found the best camera. (Love you!!)

All I really asked for was a good zoom.

18x Zoom.

10.1 Mega Pixels.

Oh, it is love... It's a beautiful Nikon Coolpix P80, and it's my new love affair.

I've taken nearly 200 photos already, and I need to charge the battery now.

Mike gave me another camera. A really nice red Kodak. I'm going to carry that one around in my purse. It's perfect purse size and the battery is charging at the moment.

That's enough graduation stuff for now. :)

-----

On to something totally different.

I don't know what to knit.

I've got a second sock on the needles, but I don't know what I want to knit. I really want to knit another Clapotis (darn clapotis bug... Once you knit one, you have to knit more.) and I really want to knit something that challenges me, but I don't have the yarn for it. I ordered some lace yesterday from Knitpicks, but it'll come sometime later in the week or next week... and I have to wait for then... But I want to knit something now.

I know I'll bring the sock with me to work on at Knitting Night tonight, but I'm implacable right now. I'm almost done with the poncho. Well, I'm done knitting it, but I am tying the tassels on right now... and that's taking a while.

Well, perhaps I will sort myself out when I bask in the yarn fumes at Knit Night.

No comments: