Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Very (Finished) Harlot Poncho

So I told yall when I finished tassel-ing the poncho, I'd grace you guys with a photograph of the finished product. I thoroughly enjoyed knitting this. And it turned out to be more than I could have expected.




In other news, I would like to share with you more of the yarn that I've dyed in the last few weeks. :)

This is called "Alternates"
And this is "Lemon-Lime Life" And this is (likely going to be) "Purple Party"

And in the last news, I would like to share with you the sock that I have been plugging away at all day. I cannot describe how much joy this yarn is to work with. The stripes of the dark green on the lighter greens just make me smile, and the colors all go together so well. I am so proud to have dyed this yarn. It has blown me away all day! The pattern is one that I kind of made up (but not really). I knit one round plain, and then on the next I *Knit through second loop on left needle, knit through first loop of left needle, slide both off onto right needle*. It's like creating a miniature cable ribbing, but only with two stitches.

I am in love with this yarn (I call it "Hug A Tree") and this sock. I only have a few more rows until I start the toe... and I love, love, love it!!

1 comment:

MSbeckey said...

I love your poncho. Great job! Also, you are so creative with your socks. I'm just not that bold yet. You should publish your pattern when you finish!