Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Finland, finland, finland. That's the country for me!

(I said England.)

(For those of you who are looking at this blog and thinking "What the hell is she on?!" I'm referring to Monty Python. Which should explain it all.)

So I am here in ENGLAND. And it's like...cold. I was wearing my jacket earlier. I won't say that I want the 100+ degree weather back, but a little sunshine isn't tough, is it? It's like 70 degrees outside!

As far as flights, everything went swimmingly. My flight from dallas landed on time at 4:30ish, and then I sat in a comfy lounge next to a starbucks for an hour and a half or so and watched a movie on my iPod. And then I got on my plane to England, sat next to a lovely woman, and prepared myself for the long haul. I only slept about an hour and a half on the plane before giving up... but that seemed to be enough for me. (I did take a nap for an hour when I got to my uncle's house.)

And miracle of miracles, everything went ridiculously well when we landed. I got off the plane, waltzed through passport control (there was no line. Seriously.) and onto baggage claim, where my bags were like 3rd and 5th off, because they were just there. It was perfect. And then I went to meet Uncle Neil, he drove me to his house, and I've just taught Jaqueline and Alistair (my cousins) how to play baseball correctly... ish. They seem to combine cricket and baseball well enough that it makes it a lot more fun. They're going to teach me how to play cricket tomorrow, I think. Should be interesting.

I don't want to spend too much time on the computer, because I have to be a good guest and all that. ;) I had 20 emails to sort through when I got here, and that took a while.

So far, things are good here, and though I'm a little catatonic from lack of sleep, I think that I'll be able to function well enough for another few hours until bedtime.

More soon!! And hopefully pictures, if I can get my computer to connect to the wireless internet here. I have the cutest picture of a baby deer that you would love to see. (Right? Good.)

No comments: