Friday, June 27, 2008

Thoughts of Trees, Thinking and Accents

It rained today.

(Surprise!!)

I didn't rain much, but rain it did. I went out for a bit of a walk in the rain. There's this piece of woodland right behind my uncle's house that is just so beautiful, I can't help but stay out of it. The trees are so tall back there... you can hear them whisper to one another. Being back there makes you really believe in eternity. I've been going back there for a few minutes every few hours just to hear the trees tell me to be quiet and slow down.

Getting used to the cold weather. It's rather like Texas in November. A solid 65 degrees or so. And windy. I complain, but it's a really nice culture shock. Perhaps I will knit some mittens.

Aside from picking up Jaqueline and Ali from school and watching Ali play a lot of Football (I am half british. I'm allowed to take up British words, right?) the day has gone by rather uneventfully. I think that Uncle Neil is about to start dinner.

Being out here, I really have to fight speaking in a british accent. As it is, I've started thinking with a British accent. I feel tht I may end up relaxing into one while I'm here. That is, if I don't decide to freak people out by creating a Texan accent for myself. (Hey yall! Whats a happenin' out here?)

1 comment:

MSbeckey said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip! What great memories you'll have. Hope you took lots of pictures, knitting and otherwise.
b