Friday, June 13, 2008

Greatness in the form of an island

Today was lovely, too. (I just keep having all these wonderful days up in New York, I can't believe it!) I slept a little bit later than I did yesterday and I said goodbye to Barb's parents. I took a shower (Ahhh...) and I went with Barb to Jane's school to see their Flag Day presentation. It was a series of patriotic songs that when sung with a 1st grader's voice sounds so much cuter than any other choir.

After that, Barb and I went and had lunch and then found Barb's local yarn store!! I'm so happy to have found this store with her, because I was worried that there would be less yarning for her than in Texas. And I know how fond she is of yarning. She said that she's been driving all over the island looking for a good yarn store and hasn't been able to find one yet... And today she (well, I) did. (Thank you, googlemaps.) Ana came with us because we picked her up from school early. That girl has severe senioritis, except that she's in fourth grade (and I'm not sure it's right to have senioritis in fourth grade.)
I bought yarn. Barb bought yarn. It was a good day. (Barb bought me the lovely blue/yellow Claudia yarn. Thank you Barb!!)



After we yarned, we came back to the house, had a rest for about an hour, and then Barb went to pick Jane up from school. At about 5, I took Jane and Ana to the festival at Jane's school, where there were games, a magic show, a karate exhibition, and lots of junk food. It was fun for the girls and for me to just watch.


(Isn't Jane beautiful? She and Ana amaze me every day.)


We came home, had dinner, watched Bee Movie, knitted a bit, and then retreated to our respective rooms. It was a great day. I know I keep saying that, but I just feel so welcome here and everyone is just so nice. (That's the sock I'm working on. Claudia Hand Painted, Fingering weight, the flavor Marigold.)


Tomorrow, we are going to the beach. Tomorrow is also World Wide Knit in Public day. (Get ready, world.)

No comments: