Monday, June 9, 2008

Oh, um... This is hard.

I <3 Huggins.

I do. I love those little cable-y twists. The color and the detail just makes me want to hug them and love them and wear them forever (though I'll likely find someone to give them away to).

I was tipped off tonight by Stacy at the Knitting Nest that there is a contest for ametuer designers of sock patterns, called "Think Outside the Sox". It has 26 categories, and one of them is about dying and knitting up socks of your own design. She also said that I just just write the pattern down and publish it on the web.

So that got me thinking.

Huh.

I could totally publish that design.

I don't want to make money off of it... but I could totally make that pattern for other people to use.

Well, it's harder than it looks. I have to remember every step that I did.

I guess that's why there are two socks. So you make it up as you go along for the first one, and then you're forced to remember it for the second.

Ah, well. I'll keep you all updated as far as that pattern goes.

I have to go pack for my trip to NY now, since I won't have time tomorrow to do it. And I need to clean my room. More on my Great Cleaning on another post.

(!!!!!)

No comments: