Thursday, June 19, 2008

College Orientation Day 3

I didn't journal today... so you're back to your pre-programmed blogging.

Today started off at a reasonably earlyish time. My roommates and I left our rooms at 8:30 and went to go look at available classes online at one of the computer areas near the cafe. I outlined my ideal schedule and trotted on over to the starbucks to grab a coffee and just hang out. Well, around 11, I was desperately bored, so I trotted on over to my car, got in it, found that a coke that I had left in it EXPLODED. As in, the top was basically clear off... so I'll be cleaning that sometime tonight. Ick. Luckily, it probably just foamed a lot and settled into the little area and just got sticky, because I didn't see little sticky coke marks all over the interior of my car, just in the half-foot radius around the offending cherry coke zero. Apparently my black car gets pretty hot in the 106 degree weather.

You heard me. 106. Degrees. Fahrenheit. (Not Kelvin...)

I progammed my local yarn store into my GPS system (which I now officially love a lot more than I would have had I been staying in Austin) and I drove the 10 minutes over to the store. I chatted with the lady working there (the owner? Probably.) and she pointed me to patterns and yarn that were simply delicious. So I picked up a few things (I have to support my LYS, don't I?) and I went back to my apartment, watched a movie, knitted a bit of a sock, and went to talk to my advisor. After that, I registered for classes, and left.

I am thrilled about the classes I'll be taking: Algebra, Freshman Comp, Elementary French, Intro to American Politics, and Astronomy. (Hooray!)

Wanna know the best part about my schedule? It was my ideal one. I go to about 2pm every day, and I have no 8am classes, and I am so excited! I was advised to CLEP Spanish, so that I can perhaps get extra language credits, and I can still take French, which I've wanted to learn for many years.

Well I am going to watch tv, knit a bit, and enjoy the empty house.

No comments: