Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A year?! Already?!

Well guys. It's been a year. A whopping year since I signed up for this blog and a year that has gone by perhaps fast, but at the same time dreadfully slow.

While I was driving to work today, I was thinking about a year ago.

A year ago, I didn't have college applications looming.

A year ago, I didn't have a job.

A year ago, I didn't realize that Real Life was looming.

I could come up with a lot of them, but unfortunately a lot of them aren't very impressive. Just little things, mostly..

In any case, it's been a year.

Today at work was probably the worst Customer day. People get so ugly sometimes that Good-Natured Me doesn't understand. Why is it SO IMPORTANT that you get that $1.42 back? WHY?! There were some very confusing and irritable customers today, and I won't go into detail, but nearly every time this guy John over in Polo Ralph Lauren saved my ass. He isn't quite management, but he isn't a lowly holiday sales associate, either. Somewhere in the middle. But he was nice, he knew how to talk people down, and he almost, apparently, tracked down a certain irritable man to throw him out of the store.

I think I'm in love.

Of course I'm not. But I could have kissed him. I guess that having someone stand up for me was just really touching. I haven't been stood up for since the days that I needed standing up for. Like in Kindergarten, when my friend Brandy stood up to this guy named William, telling him off for calling me Freckle Face.

In any case I was touched at his anger toward those customers. Can't explain the how and why of it, but I am.

No comments: