Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Day 1...

New job day 1.

(I HAVE A JOB. I WORK. !!!! )

Met my manager (she seems really sweet!) I figured out what department I'm working in (Better sportswear... right next to juniors, where I usually shop.) and I began my training, which basically meant sitting in front of a computer watching training things from disks. They were pretty fun (sometimes) but the first one (about diversity in the workplace) kind of felt like a children's game. It was a simulation of a meeting where people were talking about different experiences they had when being confronted by different situations regarding diversity, and to watch what one person's story was you had to click on them on the screen when they were outlined in green. And then at the end there was a quiz (and at the end a super-happy-peppy voice said "Wow, that's great! You really seem to understand diversity in the workplace!")

So after I was finished with the five CDs of training information, I poked my head into the HR office, said "I'm done!" and waltzed off into the store to do some real shopping.

Okay, so I spent way too much money, but I can wear all of it to work and I can wear all of it to school. I swear. Stop giving me that look.

No comments: