Monday, September 1, 2008

Went back to the ranch

I went back home this weekend, and even brought my laundry with me!! (Yaaaay!)

(Hey! I had to. It's what's expected!)

I mooched around this weekend... went to my Dad's house for dinner on Saturday night, went shopping and ate lunch at Aunt Leslie's house, and saw a movie with Kerry-Lynn on Sunday, and today I made peanut butter cookies and went to Academy with Kerry-Lynn and bought stuff! (Yaaay!)

What a long weekend, eh? Let me tell you a few things that rocked about this weekend.

First: Mom bought me an early birthday present!


Isn't it pretty? I haven't come up with a name for it yet (will I name it?) but this will prove quite an investment. Considering that I will be moving from place to place for the next few years and will likely not settle down anywhere for a while... I want to have a piano with me. Piano has been such a large part of my life for so long, I can't imagine not having my chosen instrument near me. I am so glad that this is portable... and doesn't need to be retuned every year!

So now it's in the apartment under our whiteboard... which is practically the only place to put it.

Another addition to the apartment are these things. I mooched about in our basement and found a badass tea kettle and a nonstick frying pan!


(Yaaaay! NONSTICK!)

Another addition was a gift to me after the spring play at St. Michael's. The tradition is that on the last performance (The Sunday matinee) the junior class students present gifts to the seniors in the show that have something to do with the production. The gift that I received was this door-hanging-thing.


Everyone signed it, and I love it! My character in You Can't Take It With You was a woman named Mrs. Kirby, and at one point, she catches sight of a tank full of snakes and screams... so the Juniors put a snake on my door-hanging-thing. (Clever, eh?)

This morning I made the most fantastic peanut butter cookies.


These things are gooooood. (And look! they have the little criss-crossy thing like Gramma does! Mom walked by while I was rolling the dough and pointed out that I should do that.) The problem is, they're so good, I will likely eat nothing but these cookies for the next few days. At least I know what I'm having for breakfast! (Just kidding, mother... I'll have coffee and toast too...)

And lastly, this afternoon, Kerry-Lynn and I went to Academy and bought me (as mom so eloquently put it) a 'Walker-Thing'. If you don't speak the Mother Tongue (Hahahaha!), I bought a pedometer.


Step count for today: 359. Because I only bought it at 3pm this afternoon and drove for an hour and half. And since then, I've just walked around the apartment all evening. Tomorrow, you will see a few more steps.

No comments: