Monday, September 15, 2008

Kitchen poltergeist?

Abby says we have a kitchen poltergeist. I say that it's the laws of physics.

Confused? Let me illuminate you.

I (or Abby. Can't remember who, exactly) did something silly last night. After we were done cooking, one of us put the glass pan cover over another burner on our stove... and then I did something equally stupid tonight: I turned on the wrong burner when I started to boil water.

And suddenly, I realized simultaneously two things:

1) The water was not boiling.

2) The burner under the glass cover was on fire.

Oops!

Nothing else caught fire and we were able to put the tiny little flame out, within seconds, but later on, when I was waiting for the rice to cook suddenly I hear this really loud noise and I turn around and see this! (You can see we put baking soda on the back burner that caught fire.)


(Physics lesson= When you heat up glass, it becomes extremely brittle, and my guess is that by the time it had cooled down, a fault in the glass caused the whole thing to go all topside. Abby thinks we have a poltergeist, anyway.)

-----

....Weather frog for today! Cold and blustery!

Perhaps the Frog is in Narnia today?

(Did anyone actually get that reference?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you have a fire extinguisher and baking soda!

Cold?! It was in the 70's! But I know what you mean. The air has suddenly changed from summer to fall. Don't worry, this is Texas, it won't last.....

Mom