Tuesday, September 16, 2008

For lack of a better word... BLAAHHHH!

My mother makes a lot of weird noises.

Often, those who get to know her at all can distinguish what noise means what. For example, there is the Spider Scream (which is high pitched and usually lasts over several seconds. This is her most frequent and memorable noise, which increases in decibels as the spiders get larger). There is also the Bee Scream (which is only distinguishable from the Spider Scream because it often involves sudden movement and is of a shorter duration. Also known as the Scorpian Scream.), and there is the Duncan Jumps Out From Behind A Door Scream... (Which is a short, loud, and very shrill scream... often followed by 'DUNCANNNNN!!')

Another weird noise she makes (and I dearly wish I could broadcast this through the blog... because this is a priceless noise) is the wailing sound she uses to make fun of the way I cried as a baby. It's this "BLAAAHHHHHHHH!!!" sound. (Think of the shrill Monty Pythonesque kind of woman noises, if at a loss.)

(Ask her to make that noise next time you see her. We could conduct an expirment and see how long it takes her to crack!)

And you wanna know something? Suddenly I think she might not be far off from the truth. Cause I was in Target (pronounced Tar-Jay, of course) today buying my fourth pair of sunglasses in as many weeks (-insert foul-mouthed mumblings here-) and I actually heard a baby making that noise.

Who'd have thought I would have a Mini Me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In spite of the noises YOU made as a baby and the blogs you write to embarass me now, I still love you.

And, you know what is going to happen now? ....yes, the curse! ....when you grow up and have a child, she is going to be JUST LIKE YOU!

xxxooo,
mom