Sunday, September 28, 2008

Good V Bad V Ugly....FIGHT!

The good: I finished a sock AND a hat today! I spent all day reading, watching movies, and mooching about my apartment. And I uploaded the last chapter to a piece of Fan Fiction that I've been writing for two years (and finally got motivated to finish. Thanks Siobhan!)

Here's the sock: (I call it"The Result Of Math Class"... Oh, I mean "Shelly". Doesn't it remind you of the color of shells?)


Here's the hat: I dub it... "I Can Knit That". (You can't really tell, but it's a leafy pattern.)


(It's called that because this hat reminds me of while I was shopping in London with Siobhan... I kept on picking up things like this slouchy hat/berets, and scarves and things and saying "I can knit that." And see? I can knit that.)

(Oh, and look at my artistic photography? Although one could argue that it's artistic in a very Myspace kind of way.)

The bad: I think that we might have a little ant problem. I keep having to suck up ants into the vacuum and squash them with my FISTS OF FURY!! We called the maintenance people today and they should come out sometime this week. Oh, and our toilet broke, but not in any kind of awful way. Instead of using the lever to flush it (that broke, you see) we now have moved the top of the toilet to the side and are manually lifting the lever to flush the toilet. We called the maintenance people for THAT too.

The ugly: Suddenly 30 gigabytes of memory has just vanished off of my hard drive. I have NO IDEA where it went (poof!) and now I have less than 1 gig with which to work with. I chatted with Geek Squad, and they were no help at all (though they were very nice while being no help at all.) "Yes! We can fix that!" "Um... Can you tell me what it is?" "No. But we can send a guy out to your house for $300, and he can identify what is wrong with it. And he will fix it, if you want."

("NO WAY. He'll FIX IT too?! For $300?! HE BETTER FIX IT!!" is what I wanted to scream. Instead I politely said "I'm sorry. I'm in college and cannot afford that." while mentally saying "My brother is probably better than you and will do it for the price of a Quiznos sandwich and ice cream. That's like a grand total of $285 less than YOU.")

(Love you, Brother!)

No comments: