Friday, September 26, 2008

A little bragging

Okay, I might have to brag a little in this blog.

The way that my English class is structured is, when an essay is due, the professor will come in the Friday before and read over the essays and tell you what you can do to improve it. If it's good enough, she'll smack a letter grade at the top and send you on your merry way to go to starbucks or whatever.

On Wednesday, before a timed writing in class, she said "Read the essay "We Are Not Immune" and write a response to it. Rough drafts due Friday and final drafts due Monday. They should be about 3 pages long."

So, being a good student, I read the essay on Thursday and spent all Friday trying to come up with a response to this essay... and I could not figure out a negative response. For the life of me, I could not come up with a different point to argue, so I decided to just agree with whatever the man said in the essay and put in a little slip of personal opinion in the conclusion.

I brought it into class today and the Professor started to read over the essay, and said "You know what - this is a critical essay."

("Oh crap...")

"But I was planning to have you write a critical essay over this essay next week. This will do nicely." And she smacked an A at the top. and put the paper to the side to put into her gradebook.

WHUH.

I wrote the wrong essay and still got an A.

(Wohoo!!!)

I'm going to Starbucks!

No comments: