Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ear piercing excursion

Today...

(Yes, Today??)

Brandlyn and I went on an exciting excursion to the mall to get our ears pierced!!

We've been talking about getting our ears pierced together for years. For a while, it was "We'll go with my mom because we're under 18". And then it was "I'll take you, because I'm 18 now!" and then it was "We're BOTH 18 now... so let's just go!" And now, after many, many years of coercion (mostly from me. I had no problems with doing it again.) and planning... we have done it! (We were going to do it last weekend... but Ike got in the way!)

We went to the mall this afternoon to do it. No shady downtown piercing boutique for us! Here Brandlyn is, looking pretty but terrified on the inside... pre-piercing.


Isn't she pretty?

And she decided to go first. She has never had her ears pierced (In her memory, anyway. Her mom had it done for her when she was a baby, but they got infected and the holes closed and that was that.) and so she was really nervous. I think that if she saw them pierce my ears first she would chicken out. And we would have none of that.

And here she is sitting in the chair looking even MORE terrified.


And... After!!




And there is her newly pierced ear!! She decided that she wanted to do her cartilage... and even I wasn't that brave. She said it didn't hurt very much, but the last I saw her she said it was beginning to hurt a little more.

But then it was my turn. And, as I said I wasn't brave enough to do cartilage (yet?) I went with my third holes. (I realized afterwards that I had my first holes when I was 10, my second at 14, and now my third at 18... Mom has forbidden me to go beyond 22, because that would be way too many holes. ;) The way that I see it, I don't think I'd look good in any other piercings, so cartilage is pretty much all I'd have left.)



Here I am before....


(I was nervous, but as I've mentioned before I've done this twice. I know how to handle myself. Plus... I couldn't show that I was nervous to Brandlyn. ;) I'm much stronger than that.) (...It didn't work. She reads me like a book.)

And there's me afterward.


See? 1-2-3 holes now.

Funny story time! Right after the girl shot my ear with the piercing and she put the earring back on she went to take her hand away but she had somehow pierced her glove to the back of my ear as well! She had to take off the earring back and get her glove off to detach herself from me. She kept apologizing and saying "This has never happened before... that's so crazy!"

Here for your vewing pleasue is one last picture of me and my BFF Brandlyn. (Lol. IDK my BFF Jill?) Because I don't think that you have seen enough pictures of Brandlyn and I yet.

(Love you, hon! I'm so proud of you.)

No comments: