Monday, March 10, 2008

I am a MACHINE.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Every time I try and post, I get distracted. Like yesterday, when one of Duncan's friends came into my room and started chatting withe me, and then all of a sudden it was 3:30 and we were both falling asleep (and still talking.)

Anyway, so when Damon (aforementioned friend of my brother) came in, he saw my bamboo hat and was like, "Can you make me a hat?"


And of course, my response was, "Pssh. Can I make you a hat. Of course I can make you a hat!"


(Why on earth do I have to say things like that? They tend to catch up with me.)


So we chose a pretty red that went with his skin tone and hair (yes, seriously. That was a factor.) and I cast on and knit about 3 inches. And then he asked something. (This is where the phrase "tend to catch up with me" comes into effect.)


"So can you have this done by the time I leave?"


"Um, when are you going to leave?"


"Monday morning, probably."


(This is happening Saturday night. By the way.)


Urrrrgh. Hell no! That's so much knitting in one day! My fingers will fall off. "Yeah, I think I'll be done then."


So Damon came back into my room around 11 or so tonight and was like, "I'll sit with you while you knit my hat!" And so I started knitting. And knitting. And knitting. And 2 hours later, he became the proud owner of a pretty (slightly too big) hat.


Did I mention that I was a machine? 'Cause I am. A rocking, wonderful, super knitting MACHINE.


No comments: