Saturday, March 22, 2008

To dye for... Part 2

After that, I prepared my dyes and let the yarn drain for a bit. I put saran wrap on our kitchen table. And then I put more saran wrap on the table. (My mother would kill me if I dyed the table!)

And after I did that I started applying the dye. Look! It's all pretty, after its dyed.



I folded up the whole thing into a ring of saran wrap. And then I added more. And then a little bit more... And then I (finally) stuck it in the microwave to 'heat set' the dye. While it microwaved, I even cleaned the table.



See Mom? See how clean and not dyed it is? Here in the instructions, it said "let it sit for a few hours" and so I did: I went to work.




When I came home it was all cool and ready for me to rinse out! So I rinsed it out in the sink (my friends were complaining about how much it stunk, and it rather did. Vinegar and wool don't mix very well.




And I hung it up in the downstairs shower (That nobody uses. I don't know why it even exists. It's in the bathroom off of the kitchen. Why?) and let it dry over night.




And then I wound it into a ball and voila! Yarn!!




Isn't it gorgeous?!


I need to name the colors. I don't know what though. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Molly Hutt said...

Pretty! What kind of dye did you use?