Monday, March 3, 2008

CRT, Texas Style : Day Two

It's March 2nd. It should be summer now! Except that today, this is not true.

Today was SO COLD. Yesterday I was fine in a tshirt, and on occasion (mostly while I was somewhere with air conditioning) a hoodie sweater. It was a balmy 75 degrees, as it should be in March. Today, however, they were forecasting SNOW.

SNOW.

(Well, "snow" because basically anything that isn't rain is classified as such here in Texas. It could be sleet, but to us, it's snow.)

Anyway, so we visited Texas Christian University today. I have to say, I am a very confused girl. Because now I have two really good schools (both of which I have already been offered admission to) and now I have to figure out which one will work better for me. And tomorrow I'm visiting another really good school that I have a feeling will be just as wonderful. And what do I, a very confused senior gal do?

I don't know yet. Maybe cry. Probably fret a bit. Maybe run around like a headless chicken. It depends on what strikes my fancy at the time.

Overall, TCU is a great school. I would fit in perfectly and seamlessly into their curriculum, into their culture, and into their lovely purple school color. I look good in purple. ;)

Here are some pictures of the campus that I took. It's beautiful. However, the Texas weather is not as beautiful.
(That's a lovely dorm. Suite style, too.)
(Look, a football stadium!)
(Everywhere there is this lovely colored brick. EVERYWHERE.) (Look! Mom carrying all of our crap! And Duncan's back.)
(The Horned Frog, the mascot. Apparently students rub the nose for good luck.)


So after we left TCU we drove for about an hour and a half to Sherman, Texas. On the way, we passed Dallas and Duncan and I had a fun time figuring out what "HOV" stood for in the HOV Lane.

Here are some of the better ones:

"Hos on Vheels" (Think German accent.)

"Hotties only vehicle."

"Hobbits only vehicle."

And it went on and on. (Turns out that it's "High occupancy vehical." Whoda thunk?)

So we drive and drive and drive a bit more until we finally come to our hotel. And guess what is standing right outside of our hotel.

Why an oil well pump-y thing. (I took a video of it for yall.)



If you can't understand me because of the wind (I don't blame you. It was DAMN windy. And FREEZING.) here's what I said: "I don't understand why this is so cool, but it is. ...Up and down, and up and down... Only here would there be a hotel and an oil well."

So yeah. That's my day. I'll take more pictures for yall tomorrow and let you know how that goes.

No comments: