Thursday, March 27, 2008

Muggles

...So I was looking at yarn and patterns a few minutes ago, and I stumbled upon a list of acronyms that float around the Knitterly (and Crochet...ly) World. I felt like sharing some of them with you all, because frankly, they're hilarious.

frog To rip back (for the sound “rip it, rip it”) by removing the needles from the project and pulling on the loose end of the yarn; also applies to crochet
frog pond a storage place for knitted and crocheted things waiting to be frogged
muggle non-knitter (The Harry Potter fan in me loves this.)
NAYY No Affiliation, Yadda Yadda
PIGS Projects In Grocery Sacks
SEX Stash Enhancement eXperience = buying yarn
Skank funny way of saying skein of yarn
TOAD Trashed Object Abandoned in Disgust
UFO UnFinished Object (usually a WIP [work in progress] that has been abandoned or neglected)

And those were the funniest ones I could pull out for you muggles.

Perhaps I can start talking knitting lingo to yall and you would understand? (No? Can you TOAD a blog reader for not agreeing with you?)

( :) )

No comments: