Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring Break! Wooo!!

So, my mom's on a business trip. And it's spring break... Not the best planning on her part. ;) (Love you, Mom!) So what do I, a legal adult of the age of 18 do? Throw a party? Go hit the black market and buy someone's kidney? Go tattoo and pierce every visible inch of my body?

Naw. I'll knit a pair of socks.

(Oh man, I am so lame. I'll add that to my list of why I am a nerd.)

Anyway, so I did knit a sock yesterday, and it is the CUTEST THING EVERRRR.


Check it out.

Ankle sock. The pattern is Breeze and the yarn is The Unique Sheep's Sushi Socks (the flavor is Morning Glory.)

I have this obscene amount of that yarn left over after making those socks for my mom (Who I will photograph later, for her absence makes it a little difficult to photograph her wearing them.)

So I decided to make myself some socks too, because the yarn is just too good to waste. So I sat down and made them in one day. Okay, so I started at 4pm and knitted until 1:30am. So sue me! It's spring break.

It's a really easy pattern to get used to and I can't wait to knit the next one. I would do that today, but I think I might be a little woozy from all of that knitting yesterday. ;)




I was curious about how much yarn that they took. So I weighed the finished sock on our kitchen scale, and it weighed 20g. Then I weighed the remaining ball of yarn. 20g! Turns out that I'm a genious. :) I just have to be very careful in how I make the second sock, else I will have a sock with no toe. ;)

That's all for me today. I need to go eat something for breakfast/lunch/dinner. I kind of slept till noon and then I read a book for two hours. It's 4pm and I haven't eaten anything yet.

No comments: