Thursday, December 4, 2008

Post office luck

Yesterday I went to the Post Office to mail two Christmas packages.

Now, I think I can count on one hand the number of letters and packages that I have sent in my life. (This does not include thank you notes.) I have been inside of post offices only a handful of times, and part of me thinks this could be a sad thing. The other part of me is glad that we have insta-communication through the internet and I can save a lot of money because email and facebook don't require stamps.

What this all boils down to is the fact that my experience of post offices is mostly through what I hear from other people. So going there yesterday was kind of a new experience for me. My experience yesterday was a good one, and this is why:

1. It took 10 minutes.
2. There was one person in front of me in line.
3. The employee who helped me was really nice.
4. Postage was only $6.
5. Right as I left, about 10 people came in.

#4 makes me happy, very happy. My mom warned me the other day (and I have heard throughout my life) that international postage can get really expensive. The list also makes me realize that post offices aren't so bad... maybe I'll even write a letter sometime.

-----

Studying going well, by the way. Ahead of schedule = Very good. One day of class left... completely finished with Politics, Astronomy, and English classes for the semester (since my English teacher canceled class tomorrow morning... Yay, I can sleep late!) A little sad that my Astronomy class has ended, though.

No comments: