Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mama!

Today is my mom's birthday. She's celebrating her 19th anniversary of her 29th birthday (Yall add it up. If I say it I may get in trouble. ;) ) and she seemed pretty darned happy when I called her to wish her a happy birthday this morning.

I can't tell you the story of my mom's life, or show you pictures of her various birthdays, or all of the usual stuff that she blogs about Duncan and I, but I can tell you that she's the best mother I've ever had.

She's beautiful, one of the most beautiful people I know, and has always been there for Duncan and I.


She loves us, and always has.

She loves the beach, even if she has to work a little while she's there.


(I think the ice cream makes up for it, though.)

She works so hard and travels so often, but always finds time for a nap.

Being a mother must be a pretty hard job, but I think she's done it well.


I love you, Mama. Have a wonderful day, and I'll be home next week to hug you myself.

No comments: