Sunday, December 21, 2008

A bit of a tour

Because everything is so festive and merry around here at Christmas, I thought I would give you a tour of some of the decorations around my house.

Starting upstairs, the only festivity that one can see are wreaths that Duncan and I made in Kindergarten.

Moving downstairs...


We find loads of stockings on the stairway.


These are the stockings that Duncan and I have used forever. We're very fond of them. (At least I am fond of them.)


All three of our dogs have their own stockings. (Topher, Boo, and Choco. Choco's looks just like her when she was a puppy, ear fur and all.)


We have a mantelpiece full of lights and love. And...


...What's that? Those look like they might be nutcrackers in a row. And... more nutcrackers?


Nutcrackers in the study,


Nutcrackers in the kitchen,


Nutcrackers in the dining room,


Giant nutcrackers,


Nutcrackers at the bar,


Nutcrackers hiding in alcoves,


And yes, nutcrackers on horses.


My mother collects Nutcrackers... Can you tell?

No comments: