Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas, concerts, and clothes!

What a week!

Christmas, concerts, and clothes for me!

Mom has just sent me upstairs to blog with a very obvious hint that "While I pay bills you should go upstairs and blog or something."

"Okay, Mom..."

(Boy, since coming home Mom knows more about my day-to-day life than when I'm in away... and yet she still insists on me blogging about it. Why is that, I wonder.)

Christmas was awesome; truly one of the best ones I've had in a long time. Being an "adult" now means that people have more options for presents for me and I really think that they rose to the occasion. And... you know, I really enjoyed a lot of the things that I got! A year ago I would have been a little less than pleased with a tool kit and kitchen spoon rest, but I'm just delighted with them. It's one of the most pleasant surprises about growing up that I've experienced so far. Santa brought me dishtowels in my stocking. "Ooh! Yay!!"

Aside from the home-y gifts, I really did get a few good ones. Some lovely drapey shirts from my stepmother and aunt, some lovely Seven jeans (since my Lucky jeans weren't so lucky in the end.) some calendars (including "Never Not Knitting", the 'Yarn Harlot's calendar that I am very excited about) and a Harry Potter wall calendar. Speaking of Harry Potter, a very loving brother of mine gave me The Tales of Beedle the Bard. And among other books, I got a traveling book of a journalist in one of the middle eastern countries and The Children of Hurin, the latest Tolkien book. On top of all of the other gifts (though at the very bottom of the stack) I found a lovely 22" flat screen HDTV. That will be a lovely replacement for the dinky little one that Abby and I currently have at our apartment!

The 26th of December was a very cool day in many regards. Mom took me to see Carolyn Wonderland, who was an absolute delight. Mike, Meg (Mike's daughter), and Kerry-Lynn went too, and we all had a good evening at Poodie's bar and grill laughing and listening to good music. The opening band was a local band called Blues Mafia, and they started around 8:30ish, and Carolyn played after them until around 1 in the morning. We all went home smelling like smoke and I was just too tired to get in the shower, so I fell into my bed and slept until 10:30 or so, when I dragged myself out to have a shower and smell minty fresh again.

Today, Mom and I have been to the mall and to Stein Mart to look for some good shirts for me, since I've been watching a What Not To Wear marathon all week, and am feeling like some shirts that don't say "St. Michaels" or "Fall Play/Spring Musical" on them are in order. No joke... Shirts from St Mikes make up most of my wardrobe. So, with the desire to get into some fashion forwardness that Mom and I are both experiencing, we're going out again and doing a little more shopping later and then will probably go see Marley and Me tonight.

-----

A little note here at the end. The 26th of December was my 2nd Blogoversary. I wanted to tell yall that I'm so grateful to have readers that care about me and I'm so happy that I have so many people to support me through the changes that I've been experiencing lately. Growing up and moving out are more easily said than done and I know that I have a whole horde of people out there who love and support me, and I can't express enough how much I love sharing my day-to-day life with you all. So thanks. Here's to another year of living, learning, loving, (and a little blogging on the side.)

No comments: