Thursday, January 3, 2008

Flu... How I hate you.

Okay, so today has been one massive repeat of yesterday. Only I spent today in my marginally more comfortable bed (instead of the couch) and I watched four movies instead of TLC, Discovery Channel, and Disney Channel. Or about an hour of four movies and then would sleep for the remainder of each of those four movies.

I've been taking my temperature semi-regularly (aka when I remember to) and eating normally...ish. I guess yogurt, bananas, and pretzels aren't normal, but it's either that or I cook myself something, and I'd rather not be in that flu-delerium and standing over a hot stove. My temperature was way high this morning and then it dropped to below normal and hasn't gone up to normal last time I checked. When I woke up (five am. Eew.) it was 101.3 (which is, in my book, better than what I went to sleep as: 102.1) and then by 9 am it had gone down to 100.8. Then when I checked at 11 it was down to 97.3, and then last time I checked (about 6 pm) it was 97.8. I'm going to watch an(other) movie now and let my mouth go back to a normal temperature (I just drank gingerale...which is the Cure-all) and then take it again.

I'm a little afraid that I'm going to fall asleep during the movie and wake up to fnd out that my temperature has shot up again. Because that's what happened last night. I fell asleep feeling normal, and I woke up to find that I was at 102.

I haven't had the flu in years. Why do I get it now?

No comments: