Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Everything is back to normal

At the beginning of the school year, I found out that the lady who is the music director for our school musicals was going to be the choir teacher, and that we would have rehearsal every Wednesday after school for the Thursday morning mass. There were 5 or so of us who showed up regularly to sing and have a good time, but then the lady went on maternity leave.

Which made us sad. ( :( )

So the school got an interim choir lady (Choir lady 2.0... I don't really want to mention names.) who was really sweet, but completely ADD. She would thrust songs that none of us had ever heard on us the day before mass and expect us to know them by the next morning. Most of the time, she gave us lyrics and expected us to memorize the song by ear. This did not go down well. So steadily it trickled down so that only 2 people would show up for mass. I actually had a valid excuse for not showing up: I was either sick or allergies would be terrible, and I don't want to damage my voice. Because I know how that feels. Anyway, this choir lady 2.0 was not our favorite.

But the original choir lady came back today! We had a good time singing (with real music) and then we stood outside and chatted for a while. Like... 45 minutes a while. I drove to my wednesday night babysitting gig feeling happy and complete. Even though my voice is terribly out of shape.

(Yes, voices are like any other part of your body. You can strain it, overuse it, and if you don't train it and use it enough, it will go out of shape. And I'm not talking about just talking a lot as use of your voice.)

Anyway, I had a good time. There's not much else to say about it, other than the general feeling of Happy. I'm going to miss this choir lady when I graduate.

In 129 days.

No comments: