Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Tick tock...

So my watch is a really, really cool watch.

It's like 80-sumptin years old (most likely) and I have to wind it every morning. Do you know how that makes me giggle?

Old stuff actually fascinates me. Like there's this clock at my friend's house that is from the 1800's or something. And I just look at it. And I think, "That has been telling time for over a century." And "I wonder how many people have looked at that clock" and stuff like that. And when I'm in museums, I just stare at the most mundane objects and wonder. Who used it? When was it made? Was it one of those objects that we love for like a day and then discard?

Yay.

Anyway, so my watch is like living history to me. Uber cool, basically.

And I can hear the ticktickticktick of it when I put it up to my ear. I think it's something like four and a half ticks to the second or something. It's very soothing. But if I sit just right (with my jaw on my fist) I can just about hear the ticking.

(this is how I've been sitting all day during class.)

Ticktickticktick...

No comments: