Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Posters...

So tomorrow is our school Club Fair, where heads of clubs set up posters and try and advertise to get people to join. It's often a joyous affair, where you sign up for everything and show up for none of the meetings. I'm the editor of our school's Literary Magazine, and by the way things are turning out, it seems that I may just have to conduct the whole thing via correspondence, because nobody shares the same lunch as I do and nobody can make meetings before school. (Grrr...)

But people at my school don't seem to want to pass on such valuable information as, you know, "the club fair is on thursday, so we need posters!" a week or so in advance to give us poor souls who have to make the posters a chance to get it all together. God FORBID they give us warning. So the teacher sponsor of the Lit Mag emailed me the other day and said "We need a poster. Can you do it?" "...Sure... Um...I'll have it on Thursday! shit, when am I going to find time to do that..."

So I did it. Yay me. And it is gorgeous. I wish I'd had more warning, though. I could have really spruced it up.

Have I mentioned it took me two hours to make?

So much for getting a head start on homework.

No comments: