Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Today. Is a good day.

You know how people say that sometimes, where they pause between the "Today" and "Is a good day" almost as if they're two entirely different sentences.

So today is overall one of those days.

I ROCKED AT AUDITIONS TODAY.

I hit the high F that we have to hold for 10 beats (count 'em.) and I sang without my voice cracking or dying or otherwise being bad. And the music director even nodded her head and gave me the thumbs up sign. Which makes me practically the ULTIMATE OF ALL ULTIMATES right now.

And plus I made a funny.

Mr. Klousia was asking some people to say some of the lines from the show (the musical is called Honk! by the way) just so he could hear them say it, but after my friend Alycia sang, he said, "I don't know what to give you, so I'll get back to you later." And he did the same for me and said, "You're in the same boat as Alycia." and so when I walked off stage, I ran toward her and squealed, "We're in the same boat!!!" and everyone laughed. So while that isn't necessarily hilarious, it just added to the amount of Awesome that I seem to be made up of today. (All nerdfighters are made out of Awesome.)

And the only shadow on my day was that my Sty (I have a sty in my eye and a cat in my hat... erhm... which now that I read it isn't as funny as when I said it this morning.) hasn't gone away and has actually seemed to get worse. Ow.

But the cast list will be posted on thursday and I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

(HOOOORAAAAAAAYYYY!!!)

No comments: