Thursday, May 15, 2008

This is how I knit

Warning: knitting content ahead!

So I came across this thread called "This is How I Knit" on Ravelry. It's about one woman deciding that she wants to see how other people knit, and asking them to upload videos onto websites showing them just knitting for a few seconds. I watched a bunch of the videos, and it's fascinating. I mean, we're all doing the same thing, but everyone has a different method of how to knit. A different way of holding the yarn makes the entire process seem so different.

So I decided to make my video too. It wasn't that difficult... the hardest part was figuring out how to balance the camera somewhere. I tried sticking it in my boobs, but that just resulted in me losing the camera into my boobs. So I ended up balancing the camera on my knee and knitting around it at an awkward angle.

So there you have it: This is how I knit.

No comments: