Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's day, mom.

Thanks for, you know, giving birth to me. I really appreciate it. I wish the process had been a little more pleasant for you (Except afterwards when you held me for the first time. And when I sneezed. I imagine that must have been exceedingly pleasant), but I imagine you must have forgotten that part, seeing as how you did it again with Duncan.

You gave me life. I've had a few years of experience in the matter of Life (You've had a few more than I have. Only 11 more years, of course, being that you're still 29 and all.) and I've determined that it's not easy caring for children (exhibit a: Babysitting) but it's rewarding. (exhibit b: Babysitting money. Naw, I'm just kidding.) Couldn't have done it without ya.

I wish you the best on your special day.

...And I would like to point out here that my Moroccan Beef and my Hastily Cobbled Together (But Delightful) dessert were much better than Duncan's crepes that you had for breakfast. Therefore: You should love me more.

No comments: