Monday, May 19, 2008

I have proof

I have definitive proof that I am a good writer.

We had to read 1984 in class this year. Me, being a senior in the throes of senioritis as well as being a busy, busy girl in the midst of work and rehearsals, kept forgetting to read it as the chapters were assigned. (Stop looking at me like that!) Eventually, I just let sleeping dogs lie and I read sparknotes. :)

Well, we had to write an essay as our test on the book. Ms Armstrong gave us the prompts in advance, and me, being a good senior, kind of thought about one of them in advance... Well the test day came and I just pulled the biggest load of BS out of a hat and turned it in. "Whatever. I'll deserve whatever grade I get. That was awful!" I went around for a bit chatting with other seniors, talking about how embarassed I was about this essay that I had written, and how I'll fail and (probably) deserve it.

I got my essay back today.

Um.

I got a 93.

No comments: