Thursday, May 22, 2008

Blip... blip...

I like how I was talking to Brandy today and we both agreed that the final exams we're taking aren't really a big deal. In fact, they're hardly a blip on our radar. They're kind of like a minor inconvenience in our otherwise fantastic day.

Brandy and I both only had the English exam this morning at 10:30, and so she drove over to my house and then we went to IHOP (woo!!) for breakfast. And then at about 10, we drove on over to school and took our tests, and then we hung around for a bit. After that we went home, readied our respective yarn crafts, slipped into swimsuits, put on sunscreen, and then went outside. Brandy started to crochet an adorable little hat, and I knitted my Harlot Poncho, which is coming along fantastically.


(It measures about 11 inches, and I think it'll be about 30 when I'm done. The yarn is Araucania Atacama, the flavor Moonlit Oasis. It's alpaca and it's delicious, if a wee bit scratchy on a tummy that is trying to get a little bit of color. Oh pleasepleaseplease let me not reflect the sun too much...)


When we decided we were hungry, we ate lunch and then we turned on movies and kept on yarning our projects. And then (much, much later) we made a huge dinner for ourselves, Duncan, and Alek. Now, Alek is writing his notes for our physics exam tomorrow (frankly, he's copying my notes) and Brandy is making him do it.


Tomorrow I haven't got any plans, but I think it'll look a lot like today, except that I have two exams in the morning. I'll probably get outside to swim a bit and then knit the poncho.
See? Minor blip.

No comments: