Monday, May 12, 2008

A little bit sad

Today I have been saying goodbye to a few things, and one person.

I wrote a massive "ledditor" (What I dubbed the Letter from the Editor, which I cannot, despite being an editor of a newspaper for two years, seem to say correctly.) of goodbye to my baby, the newspaper, and to each and every one of the newspaper staff. I wrote a little blurb about each person, and somehow it ended up being 2 whole pages in Word... which translates to about 4/5 of a page in Pagemaker, the program I use to make the newspaper. I cried a little while writing it, but everything is good. I'm not quite done, but I'll have it done by tomorrow.

And I said goodbye to my piano teacher of eleven years during my last piano lesson. Ever. She's taught me so much more than just piano. She taught me the love of all music, patience, discipline, and perhaps a little bit of math. (There are quarter notes, eighth, sixteenth, thirty-second, and sixty-fourth notes too. I shall never forget those fractions or that particular series of notes. She's taught me how to be generous, be classy in performing, how to not bow like a chicken, and how to cover for mistakes when performing... Which I have greatly needed a few times. The lessons that she has taught me are numerous and valuable, and I'll take them with me for my life, and hopefully pass them on to someone.

I'll miss you, Kay. I promise I won't stop playing and I'll always think of you fondly when I do. Thank you for all that you have given me and thank you for your friendship while I have grown from a girl of seven to a young woman of eighteen. I've needed it.

No comments: