Monday, July 13, 2009

So Close!!

So, I am about 95% finished with my sweater. All that remains is the seaming, weaving in of the many (many) ends, and the blocking. Which can all easily be done by Tuesday at midnight.


Do you guys realize that I have (essentially) finished this behemoth of a sweater ON TIME? Even, like, EARLY? I don't want to celebrate early, but I can't help it. To help me celebrate, let me let you into my world a little with a few helpful numbers. Perhaps you can appreciate it a little more:

(Disclaimer: all numbers are approximate)

Hours of knitting/sewing:
Body: 50
Arms: 12
Neck: .5
Letter 'S': 10
*Seaming: 1
(*Since I haven't exactly seamed up the sweater, that's just a guess.)
Total: 73.5

Stitches in sweater:
Body: 30240
Arms: 12960
Neck: 1350
Total: 44550
(That brings it to about 606 stitches per hour...)

Right, well, since it's 1 AM, and I have stuff to accomplish tomorrow, I'm off to bed.

(...I cannot tell you how excited I am to be able to knit other things again.)

No comments: