Monday, July 27, 2009

Dear Emma,

My Dear Emma,

Today is my last day to babysit you this summer. (Believe me, you have snagged my heart and I will not be going away! Your Mommy will call me again.) I'd like to say a few things to you.


Seeing you more or less every day for the last two months has been a joy. Every Monday, when I come back, I swear you get bigger.


When I think of you, I think of when you learned how to roll from your stomach to your back (even though there were a lot of tears to get to that point), when you found your feet, and when you laughed for me for the first time.


I think of your adorable laughter, even though it's small, and when your aunt taught you how to stick your tongue out!


I think of those beautiful blue eyes of yours, and how when you smile they get all crinkly. I know that when you are older, you will have a beautiful smile.


I think of how whenever you were upset (and baby, there were days...) all I had to do was take you outside and you would forget everything just staring at the trees.


I think of the day I saw you shove your whole fist into your mouth, and the days you learned new sounds. You can't talk yet, hon, but you have singer's lungs!


I'll always remember the day that I came into the living room, and you smiled when you heard my voice.


I'll remember those first days when you still slept on your back, you used to sleep holding your ears and pushing your lip out.


Miss Emma, I will miss you when I can't see you every day like I have been. You've captured a special place in my heart.


Love always from Miss Stefanie.


1 comment:

Becky said...

AWWWW!!! I'm so glad y'all had a good summer together. Those are some great pics.