Sunday, July 26, 2009

Feeling Very Beachy

On Tuesday, I head up to NY and NJ for the trip that I've been looking forward to for the whole summer. Mom and Mike are already up there (and Mom has been taunting her blog readers with "Wish you were here"s at the end of every blog!) and I am beginning to get that itchy feeling that I always get before I go anywhere.

Because tomorrow I have to work (and then go to knit-night!) I am doing the bulk of my packing today. Into my (cute blue flowery) suitcase is going:

Clothes (shirts, shorts, underwear, jacket, swimsuit, coverups, etc... you know the drill.)
Books (At the moment, I am bringing: Julie & Julia by Julie Powell, From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris, Stonehenge by Bernard Cornwell, The Thief Lord and Inkheart, both by Cornelia Funke)
All manner of power cords, connectors, an iPod and and some form of net/notebook (I am still undecided as to which I'll be bringing with me. My notebook is bigger and faster, and my netbook is small and perfect for travel.)
A beachbag
And.... Yarn! (Can't leave this behind!)

Today, I've done 3/6 things on my to-do list, which consisted of going to HEB (check), buy new flipflops (check), pick up gifts for Ana and Jane (check), bring the dogs from Mike's house to here (not check), do laundry (in progres), and pack (in progress).

I'm uploading a bunch of my photos that I've taken of Emma throughout the summer to facebook. So if you're on faceboook, check those out! After that's done, I'm going to go pick up the dogs...

1 comment:

Cara said...

please also bring that history of love book i gave you cuz i want to read it again. pleeze :)