Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Post 500 - A Collection

This is my 500th post (or so my dashboard tells me) so I figured I would write up a bit of a random post.

Emma has learned how to stick her tongue out. It is so adorable!



I taught my mom how to knit like two weeks ago. I taught her how to start a sock last night. I won't lie, I was anticipating a disaster, (seeing as how I hadn't even taught her how to purl yet) but I quickly realized that it was such a non-issue and that I should have more faith in my mother. She took to the DPNs like a duck to water. Can't wait to see your sock, Mom!

After knit night last night, I went out to Main Event and had a lot of fun. I played laser tag, mini golf, I bowled, and I even beat Duncan at pool (once...) Every Monday, after 4pm, if you pay $20, you can stay and play whatever you want until they close at 2am. I think I lasted until about 1:30, but since I had to work in the morning, I was the first to leave. (I did bowl a 98, though. ;D)

Emma seems to be settling into our new schedule pretty nicely. Last week, my hours changed from 8-4 to 10-6. This week, though, things have been pretty normal. I think she might be going through a growth spurt again, because a few times today she's randomly put down a toy she'd been perfectly happy with and looked at me and started to scream. She's also really tired, so it does seem to fit.

My last day of babysitting Emma every day is Monday, and Tuesday I head up to NY and NJ for a week and a half or so. I am looking forward to going to the beach, yes, but I think that I will miss little Miss Emma a lot when I'm not here every week. Jenny has assured me that she'll call me often enough, but it's not the same. I'll do a blog about Emma soon enough with loads of new pictures!

That's all for now. More blogs will come as my life continues! Here's to the next 500 posts!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ye of little faith! Actually you are a natural teacher - i would never be able to knit a sock on my own. I will try to make you proud and may eventually be able to cast on for sock #2. we'll see....
luv, Mom