Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Socks and Scones

Last weekend I made a batch of small, sweet raisin scones, and to my surprise, they all got eaten within days by Abby and I. (Because you see, last time I made scones they sat on top of the toaster oven in a box for a good two weeks before I finally decided that they probably weren't good anymore.)

So tonight, because the scones are all gone (and because they're yummy 'grab on the way out' breakfasts) I made another batch of the mini scones. If I can brag a bit, mine taste much better than the crap you find at Starbucks. (Bux ain't got nothin on me.)


See? Little balls of delicious pastry. As soon as I can get my hands on the proper ingredients, instead of substitutes, I'm going to work on shaping them. As it is, they're a little too moist... but hopefully next week (after a good grocery shop over the weekend) I'll be able to make them look a little prettier!

Speaking of pretty... Look at the socks I'm working on!!



They are made out of Noelle's Noodles (flavor: Taos), and they are delicious! Wonderful yarn to work with, and a simply beautiful colorway. It's just a simple 2x2 rib all the way down the sock... I didn't want to take anything away from those colors!

Well, I have English homework to write and US History to read... so while I do that, feast your eyes on my delicious scones and socks.

No comments: