Friday, January 2, 2009

Bowling and (beginning) excavations

So I live in this house... and this house is going on the market soon... and this means to me that most every personal touch (poster, trophy, gushing fangirl magazine photo) that I have put up during my occupancy has to be taken down and cleared of clutter and, well, personality. I know that my stuff will stay in my room... but the last fifteen years of clutter need to be peeled away, layer by layer.

Tonight, I got out the gloves and started peeling.

The first thing to go (and, by far the easiest) were the posters. I haven't decided what to do with 1 Pirates of the Caribbean poster, 3 Lord of the Rings posters, 1 Orlando Bloom poster, 1 Evanescence poster, and 1 strange fantasy/mother naturey poster... but they're going somewhere, be it in the trash or to goodwill. Who knows...

One of the things I am waiting on taking down is my Wall of Accomplishment... perhaps you will see a tour of my Wall of Accomplishment sometime soon, just as you'll see a tour of my Bulletin Board. They are impressive sights.

Some things that Brandlyn and I found while doing excavations was my script from Looking Glass Land, the school play I was in when I was in sixth grade (I played Humpty Dumpty and the White Knight.


I particularly enjoyed the White Knight's character, as I got to be nerdy and wear big glasses and trip all over the place. What fun! My entrance as the knight was from backstage. I had to hurl myself out from behind the divider and sprint up the stairs and "aha!" or some other impressive line, and once during a dress rehearsal I slipped on the stairs and hit the edge of the stage so hard that my hip was bruised for weeks. Apparently the thud was so loud the entire library (in the room next to the Cafeteria, where we were rehearsing) went silent for ten whole seconds. (I believe that that moment was the first in many a year of impressive backstage occurances that ran the rest of my Middle and High School careers.)

Another... interesting find in the cupboards beneath my little windowseat was a lock of Brandlyn's hair.


Don't ask me how or when it got there, but that is Brandlyn's handwriting and definately a lock of Brandlyn's hair. (Brandlyn's nickname is Booba, for everyone who doesn't know.) My guess is that this is a remnant from many years past... probably when she had enough hair to cut a lock of it off and nobody would notice. It shall remain a mystery.

Something that Brandlyn and I did tonight was meet some people we graduated with for bowling. Many laughs were shared and a few strikes (amidst many more gutter balls) occurred. Brandlyn and I both have strange bowling styles... Mine is normal, until after the release, at which point I have to balance for a second or two on one leg and lift the other one up behind me. Brandlyn, ever the Kodak Moment advocate, managed to get this photo, which should explain it all. (It also gives you a very good view of my behind.)

Brandlyn doesn't even use the holes, she just runs up there and tosses it... and actually does pretty well! The funniest part is that she looks like she will totally eat it every time she runs up there and skids to a halt.



(For those who are not familiar with the term 'eat it', I am referring to the fact that she looks like she will fall on her face and "eat the floor".)


Enough of that for today, more on the excavations as they occur!

No comments: