Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Okay, can I brag a little?

It's not exactly a secret that I've been writing for my school's newspaper for the last few months, in fact, I'd say that I spend a lot of complaining about it. Well, the kind of complaining that is generally pretty good-natured -"I have so much to do this week..." kind of stuff. In truth, I love writing, and I love seeing my name in print even more. (I can also compare this to the fact that I am a product knitter - I knit something to "have" the object, not necessarily just for the joy of making that product... Though I do love knitting, don't get me wrong.) Nothing brings me more joy than seeing the byline By Stefanie Powling, and knowing that I put the effort into it.

Today, when I picked up the Paisano, my article was not only on the front page, but also the headlining story on the front page.

In writer world, that's just about as good as seeing your name in lights up on Broadway.

(Warning: Gushing content ahead!) I mean, look at me! I'm even above the new President. It's not a vastly important article - just a follow-up story on an article written a few months ago about this awful professor who wasn't "fired"... but look at it! Isn't it beautiful? And on the front page? And at the top? And in bold? And all pretty?

Oh, yes. Life is good, today!!

(To read my fantastically Fancy Front Page Article... click on this link!)

No comments: