Monday, April 28, 2008

...Uh wow

So I've been sending out emails to people overseas to let them know that I'll be traveling in Europe this summer. The response has been overwhelming. I've heard back from people in seven countries.

SEVEN.

And while I've been sitting here in shock, I've realized how much travel time I'll be doing. And then looking at my yarn drawer and going,

Hmm... That's a lot of socks... I could totally knit that many socks in two months... I'll be, you know, on a lot of trains.

That's a good reason to, you know, stock up on some more sock yarn. They're portable, light, and don't require any crazy patterns. I know how to cast on, turn a heel, AND graft a toe or two. So if anyone wants to make an anonymous (or not so anonymous... I'm not picky) yarn donation to my Traveling in Europe stock, I would totally knit you some socks.

-----

In other news, I was sitting downstairs on the couch reading a book and up jumped Topher the chihuahua. He just sat there and stared at me and made the adorable little "I can't contain myself I'm just so cute" cooing noises that he is just so good at. And then he put his paw on my leg and tried to climb into my lap and then decided against it... until he just couldn't bear it any more. That little chihuahua jumped into (and out of) my lap so many times I just laughed when he finally situated himself on my boobs. Apparently they make a fantastic shelf on which to sit and survey the area.

-----

Tomorrow my tech rehearsal will be happening during the day. The junior ring ceremony is tomorrow night and there are so many juniors in the play that they wouldn't be able to attend rehearsal anyway. So we leave the school at 8:30 and will be back at school by the end of the school day. That, in my opinion, quite rocks. It's getting out of school with an excused absense! This calls for some knitting...

No comments: