Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday... what a day...

Today is Saturday. Today has been a long day.

It started at 6:15. Well, it started buzzing and beeping at me at 6:15, but in reality, today really started around 7:05 when I finally couldn't ignore that incessant noise any longer.

Today is (well, was) one of Macy's notorious One Day Sales. Everything is super-sale price and the customers just swarm in droves over to the store. Have I ever mentioned that I work at the largest Macy's in town?

We had 4 entire rolling racks filled with clothes. I was thinking of photographing it and posting it on here, but then I didn't have any time to spare for such amusement. I ended up being the personal slave, ahem, personal shopper for some californian woman who expected me at her every beck and call. I suffered it for a while, but when she told me to run all the way up to petites upstairs, I told her firmly that I had to actually work, and that I had many other things to do as well as fetch things for her. That quietened her. Mostly. When I told her that my shift was over, she gave me a dirty look.

Other than that, the day passed mostly uneventfully. Around 10:45, I stood at my register for about an hour and a half until I escaped to my lunch break twenty minutes late. And after my break I didn't really go back to the register except for about an hour. The rest of the time I was trying to reign in the massive amounts of putback clothing that seemed to just pile up. Ah, well.

I got off at 4, grabbed myself a super energy boosted Jamba Juice, soaked two skeins of yarn in water and vinegar and sat outside for a few hours reading a book. It was so pretty today. Perfect in every way. I dyed the yarn (One a combo of Purple, yellow, and green, the other blue, yellow, and green. They turned out completely lovely.), moved my arse off the deck and into the hammock. The wonderful thing is I just sat outside in the wonderful weather until I simply could not see well enough to read any longer. I'm thinking that I will stick my spiffy new UTSA sweatshirt on and go back outside with a light... I'm not very happy inside right now. But except for this afternoon, when I was simply seething from all of the clothes left on the floor in the fitting rooms, today wrapped up really well. I'm extremely content.

I took some pictures of the UTSA campus that I figured yall would want to see. I can't tell you how good it feels to have committed to a school. Although I keep having a mini-freak-out every once and a while... Something along the lines of 'Oh my God, what have I done! What if I chose the wrong school!!' and then reason kicks in, saying 'Stop that, you loved it.'

With that said, here are the pictures I took. (I would like to point out what a lovely day it was. As opposed to the weather at the other 4 colleges that I visited. It rained at every college visit I made. Or it snowed. I think we all remember that escapade.)




In lieu of a picture of my mother asleep on a college visit, here is the back of her head. :D


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.