Thursday, November 8, 2007

Mini Mittens!

Okay guys, it's time to get knitty with it.


Here's what I'm doing as little christmas presents for my people.


Mini Mittens!


They're so easy. And they take about an hour to do... maybe less.


I've been using this pattern, but instead of doing K2P2 for the ribbing, I do K1P1 (because honestly, if every needle doesn't start with a K, I won't do it right. It just doesn't compute. So, K1P1 it is. I've also only been using size 2 needles with a babyweight yarn, (Baby Bee, Sweet Delight "naked" color.) and I like this yarn because it's not a whitewashed white, but more of a creamy one. And it has this nice little shiny string wound through, so it has some shine to it. The effect of the shiny bit creates a frosty look with the mitten, (Perfect for, oh, christmas. Duh.) I've done 4 so far (I'm estimating that I'll need 12 or so) and I haven't tired of them yet (knock on wood) so ya.


I think that when I finish them, I'm going to wind some green or red ribbon through the end of the cuff, so that it can be a little bitty ornament.

No comments: